Cause Analysis and Solution of Induction Coil Blocking in Medium Frequency Smelting FurnaceAuthor : hani Time : 2019/12/30
Medium frequency smelting furnace is mainly used for welding (brazing, silver welding, copper welding), hot forging, hot matching, surface quenching, annealing of various stainless steel industries, metal smelting, etc. For medium frequency smelting furnace, the induction coil is a part of the furnace body. So if the induction ring of the intermediate frequency smelting furnace is blocked, not only the cooling water source will be blocked, but also the overall performance and service life of the intermediate frequency smelting furnace will be affected.
Do you know the reasons and solutions for the blocking of the induction ring of the intermediate frequency smelting furnace?
I. Causes for the Blocking of Induction Coil in the Medium Frequency Smelting Furnace
1. Foreign Matter Blocking
For the cooling water source of medium frequency furnace, most users directly draw river water as the cooling water of medium frequency furnace, and there are many foreign matters in the river water, which are easy to block the induction circle when drawing and using the river water, resulting in blocked water.
2. Scale Blocking
Because the river water is basically natural water with high hardness, and the medium frequency furnace uses water for cooling at high temperatures, it is easy to produce scale attached to the copper tube of the induction ring. The components of scale are basically calcium carbonate and magnesium hydroxide. If not treated in time and precipitated for a long time, these scales will become more and more hard, which will not only block the medium frequency furnace sense. It will affect the overall performance and service life of a medium frequency furnace.
II. The Solution to the Blockage of the Induction Coil in the Medium Frequency Smelting Furnace
1. The cooling water source of the medium frequency furnace must be equipped with a filter screen before entering the furnace to filter out large foreign matters in the river water;
2. In case of small foreign matter blocking the induction coil, if the blocking position can be roughly found, the iron wire can be connected to the copper tube of the induction ring, and the two ends can be connected first to find a short distance to see if the foreign matters can be hooked out.
3. When the oxide such as scale blocks the induction coil, it can be solved by injecting dilute sulfuric acid;
4. If other sundries are not melted and cannot be hooked out:
- The only way to do this is to take apart the rubberwood column of the induction coil, burn the induction coil with fire, and heat the copper tube of the induction ring to a constant temperature (it’s ok if it doesn’t burn red), and burn off the sundries inside.
- If you know the approximate position, you can also use oxygen to heat locally. When heating, try not to deform the coil too much, or it will be a bit troublesome to replace.
Use the above method after blocking, which has no harm to the induction ring and has no influence on its use. However, it should be noted that if the coil surface is burned or otherwise treated, it will inevitably cause damage to the surface edge. It should be repaired with ultra-high temperature edge paint or high-temperature arc-resistant edge enamel in time to ensure that the coil will not be ignited or arced after reinstallation.
Hani Tech produces medium frequency furnaces. We can customize medium frequency electric furnaces, medium frequency smelting furnaces, medium frequency induction furnaces, etc. to meet the needs of various enterprises. The self-developed stainless steel shell induction furnace has high strength, low-temperature rise, good edge, and is solid and durable. The developed remote control system of medium frequency electric furnace has a strong anti-interference ability, high safety, and remote control. If you need to contact us, we have the industry’s R & D team and after-sales service team, dedicated to your service.